I'm only about 1/5th of the way through, so this isn't a review. It's just odd that I should
- purchase a book which I'd never heard of before
- purchase a book by an author I'd never heard of before
- purchase a book by a female author (I'm no sexist, it's just the way things go - although I do have all five Harry Potter books ready to read at home)
- purchase a new, hardback book
- purchase a book mainly because the cover(s) looked good
The book so far is very good - I keep trying to cram in moments when I can read it between work, parenting, food, talking to Debbie and sleeping.
The associated web site www.jonathanstrange.com is an intriguing idea - good looking, extra content, associated stories and more. If only all web sites were like this (reminds me of the original Blair Witch one).