So I re-installed with my distro of choice - Fedora Core 3. I'm familiar with RHL/RHEL/FC so I can just get it all working how I like with all the extra RPMs that I want from sites like dag, etc.
Now here's my situation as of two days ago:
- e082 (work) Ubuntu Warty 04.10
- sylvester (aging laptop) Mandrakelinux 10.1 Powerpack
- tom (home workstation) Fedora Core 3
- e082 (work) Fedora Core 3 - familiar - similar to RHEL servers.
- sylvester (aging laptop) Ubuntu Warty 04.10 - best support for power on my laptop
- tom (home workstation) Mandrakelinux 10.1 Powerpack - comes with a lot of (proprietary) software that's good for my main machine (ATI drivers, DVB, DVD)
- Firefox 1.0
- Evolution 2.0.x
- GNOME 2.8
- J2SE 5 + Java-GNOME
- Mono 1.0.x